Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LED flight light for UVA (Drone)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roof55

Anyone with tip for make pilot flight, with pattern blink sequence? This project are mention to be a storbe light, so I brought 3W led, Norm Ucc 3,15-3,85 voltage/650 mA. Because of current draw with 3W load I think MOSFET shod be driver for this led. Pattern: 3 blink at green, within 1 sec., one blink at red led subsequent. I have seem lot of circuit, as NE555 together with CMO 4017 (4022) IC, but I think the weight can ends up to 50-100 grams, complete circuit using this diagram. Also seen diagram using PIC (Programmable IC), but think this was to much to handle just for some blinky led's.

I appreciate all volunteers.

Your pic might be stuck in moderation or not posted.

I would like you to look at **broken link removed** The environment is a PIC, but programable in BASIC with no development kit. It might be your easiest option.
Unfortunately, you might also have to make a printed circuit board.

What power sources do you have available? Is 5V and/or 3.3 V available? The need to conserve power may make it more complicated too.

Power source is the UVA battery, DJI Phantom 3P, 15,4V DC (If I remember correct). Yehh, I just download a Mini-Flash programmer Rev.4-exe. This software are from diyrc.com,. it's a small programmed PIC microcontroller. Each transistor has max load at 600mA! Huge value. Practic you other links.

The surface mount versions of the 555 and 4017 are fairly easy to hand-solder. and are a small fraction of the size and weight of the DIP parts. 99 light patterns are nice, but you described needing only one.

ak

Hi gays.
I found this Arduino mini USB controller. Cheep, **broken link removed**
This unit has the posible to just load a basic code program, and Voila, with 3-4 MOSFET a gate resistor, I' have got lights.

Thanks.

Update, as well known, I brought this OIC module, Mini USB Arduino Nano V3.0 ATMEGA328P Module.
This module has about 10 output, some especially for LED flashing. But max Iload are about 50mA, norm. 5V, and need a sample for using MOSFET gain out stage. Spec. Ucc main power 15.2 V DC, (delivery 4480mAh from 3S li-Po battery). LED 3W, main work voltage RED: Forward voltage supply: 2-2,5V, 700mA forward current. GREEN: Forward voltage supply: 3,2-3,6V, 650mA forward. Think I use 2 green LED, and 2 RED led. Pattern: 3 flash green per sec, RED 2 flash each 2.5 sec. The mention to use high power led are to visually better see position at drone, during FPV operation. I think the question are to conver 15,2 main supplies to eg. 5V, but this IC regulator shood match 1,4A when 2 red flash. Thin I have to make pattern when red light, the green are off, else I need regulator handling 1,4A+1,3A (=2.7A IC regulator=3A) when red are lighting at same time as GREEN lighting. To reserve power to UVA-drone, think this pattern at flashing need to occur each 45 sec.

Some one with type MOSFET (N-type), measured resistor value simple diagram? Thinking, using IC regulator, from 15,2 to 5V does not mention to left more power likely to the UVA, because main current ned to flow throughout this IC-regulator, correct?

LED type her: **broken link removed**

Dollarama in Canada sells a Halloween Thing for $1.25 that brightly blinks one red, one green and one blue LEDs in 3 patterns, over and over. It runs from three AAA alkaline cells (about 4.5V) and is round about 2.6" in diameter and about 0.8" high. It has a pushbutton: push and it turns on and push it again and it is off. You could power it with an efficient buck regulator.
It has a pretty big reflector that does almost nothing and its pcb is very small. Its IC is a Blob On Board.

Dollarama in Canada sells a Halloween Thing for $1.25 that brightly blinks one red, one green and one blue LEDs in 3 patterns, over and over. It runs from three AAA alkaline cells (about 4.5V) and is round about 2.6" in diameter and about 0.8" high. It has a pushbutton: push and it turns on and push it again and it is off. You could power it with an efficient buck regulator.
It has a pretty big reflector that does almost nothing and its pcb is very small. Its IC is a Blob On Board.

Thanks for info. Any URL?

The cheap Halloween LED flasher has no URL. Dollarama and other stores sell the same circuit with the LEDs inside a clear plastic scull the size of your fist for a much higher price.

Well, due to the fact I'm livving in Norway, also "finished" project, only waiting for 4 pcs of Buck step down converters (see note over here).
So, it's not a question about circuit for this project, just about; will it work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back