Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LED fade controller

Status
Not open for further replies.

ooMcLeoDoo

Hi guys,
im new to this forum and wuld appreciate any help:) i have serched the web for 2 days now but didnt find anything hrlpful:(
my thing is i want to biuld (or buy one if avaliable)a circiut to controll the fading of these LEDs,there powered by 12v battery on a bike
here is the video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lFSWi4Bzspk
ThX Guys :D

It is against the law to change the lighting of a motor vehicle. Especially here in Canada it is very illegal to have a blue light that is reserved for snowplows even in summer.
The cops will shoot you and chop off your head!

If you don't want to use a micro it can be done with a potentiometer, a triangle wave generator, and a comparator. The wiper of the pot is fed to one input of the comparator and the triangle wave to the other input. Some type of feedback resistor is needed for hysteresis. The output is a PWM signal where the frequency is the same as the triangle wave and the duty cycle is proportional to the pot. Google it.

that project is perfect,but instead of 3 watt LEDs i want to use 6 RGB leds per headlight =12 total(Think 5mm will do thejob or 3mm)OR two 1 watt RGB leds per headlight=4 in total.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back