Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

learning PSpice

Status
Not open for further replies.

PG1995

Hi,

I've used Multisim in the past and loved it very much because it was more like working with 'real' instruments based on actual instruments such as oscilloscopes, function generators, etc. I need to help someone with few topics and it requires PSpice. I tried it but didn't like it. I don't think it has any virtual instruments based on real instruments and, in my view, also has inferior user interface.

Can one run PSpice designs in Multisim? Is there any way?

I wasn't able to run simulation for the attached PSpice design file. Could you please give it a look.

Attachments

• Hello.zip
    13 KB · Views: 188
I would suggest you try ltspice instead, the inteface is about as quirky as pspice, but it is much more prevalent in the community and there are lots of information on how to achieve fairly complex things on the internet. Maybe later today I will get home to a computer with pspice installed and check out your files.

I would suggest you try ltspice instead, the inteface is about as quirky as pspice, but it is much more prevalent in the community and there are lots of information on how to achieve fairly complex things on the internet. Maybe later today I will get home to a computer with pspice installed and check out your files.

Thank you but at the moment I need to get basic understanding of how PSpice works.i would ready appreciate if you could help me.

I don't know PSpice. Go to youtube.com and search. They have tutorials on everything.

I don't know PSpice. Go to youtube.com and search. They have tutorials on everything.

Thanks for the suggestion. I'm already doing it but there are things when one needs direct help from someone. For example, for the attached circuit in my previous post the simulation isn't working and I can't figure out a way to fix it.

For example, for the attached circuit in my previous post the simulation isn't working and I can't figure out a way to fix it.
From the file names, it could just be an add-on component definition rather than an actual "circuit"?
If so, the only way it coudl be used is by adding in to or importing to pspice, to use as a component in design.

As with the others, I use ltspice not pspice.

So first i had to go to menu pspice and add simulation profile. then you can attempt to run the simulation.
Then you get error message that the two transistors have undefined models, so you need to choose an actual transistor from your library and which has a pspice model attached.
I don´t use the original standard library so I can´t help you much with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back