Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how can measure ripple voltage in pspice

Status
Not open for further replies.

bdsd

hi guys. i have aquestion i want to know how can i measure ripple voltage in this circuit (attach) in pspice application. and how i can find maximum current diode domain in pspice please help me. thanks

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190415-015639_Drive.jpg
    Screenshot_20190415-015639_Drive.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 255
It is trivial to do, but you have to make some assumptions:
What is the A.C. voltage source peak-to-peak voltage?
What is its frequency?
What is its internal source resistance? (or is it "ideal")?
What are the attributes of the diode? (or is it "ideal"?

Here it is with a 3vpp 50Hz ideal source with an ideal Silicon diode.

rect.png

Notice that the first current pulse is subtly different the subsequent ones... Notice that LTSpice is smart enough to plot the power in any component, in this case, the 10k resistor.

As you can see from Mikes post he used the transient function, you can set this in the 'simulation' menu, or if you dont set anything it appears when you click run.

It is trivial to do, but you have to make some assumptions:
What is the A.C. voltage source peak-to-peak voltage?
What is its frequency?
What is its internal source resistance? (or is it "ideal")?
What are the attributes of the diode? (or is it "ideal"?

Here it is with a 3vpp 50Hz ideal source with an ideal Silicon diode.

View attachment 117706

Notice that the first current pulse is subtly different the subsequent ones... Notice that LTSpice is smart enough to plot the power in any component, in this case, the 10k resistor.
thanks my friend for answering. i want to know how i can measure ripple voltage in pspice. idont know how i can in option of pspice?

As you can see from Mikes post he used the transient function, you can set this in the 'simulation' menu, or if you dont set anything it appears when you click run.
thanks fow answeing my friend. idont know how i can in option of pspice?

Spice is Spice is Spice.... They are all derived from the same algorithms...

Measuring the ripple is not an "option", it's just a measurement you can do as part of a transient analysis of any Spice program.
If you don't know how to do a transient simulation in pspice then you need to learn that first.

Last edited:
Is this what you meant, I just used ltspice, I drew your circuit and used the oscilloscope function to look at the ripple.
I used the sine function for the voltage source, at 50 cycles.

0.png

Is this what you meant, I just used ltspice, I drew your circuit and used the oscilloscope function to look at the ripple.
I used the sine function for the voltage source, at 50 cycles.

View attachment 117716

You owe it to yourself to try this free program.

DR Pepper.JPG

You can use as many probes as you want, and putting the probe on the component itself lets you see current, power, phase, etc. Look at the 2 minute enticement video at https://www.systemvision.com/ and see for yourself. Very easy to run.

Ratch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back