Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Lead Acid battery Regenerator spin offs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mosaic

hello All:
Having launched the battery regenerator on Mar 1....alongside a couple other new products I am considering upsizing the tech. to larger traction batteries etc.

The current version handles 6/12V batts from 12 to 250 Ah. (SLA, AGM or wet cell) Optimally 150Ah is the biggest for timely regen. Throughput for 11 plate batts is around 40 processded/month at about $0.50 in power per batt avg.
Would you guys think downsizing for individual consumers is a better move now that the tech is proven?

hello All:
Having launched the battery regenerator on Mar 1....alongside a couple other new products I am considering upsizing the tech. to larger traction batteries etc.

The current version handles 6/12V batts from 12 to 250 Ah. (SLA, AGM or wet cell) Optimally 150Ah is the biggest for timely regen. Throughput for 11 plate batts is around 40 processded/month at about $0.50 in power per batt avg.
Would you guys think downsizing for individual consumers is a better move now that the tech is proven?
I don't think consumers really care all that much about re-using lead-acid batteries. How many do they really go through? How many do they even use? The only one I can think of is the one in the car.

Unless you're talking about people with boats or solar assemblies.

Last edited:
There might be a market in UPS batteries (7-9Ah). We certainly see a lot sulphated and end up throwing them away - and we're really only a small user of UPSs.

I occasionally get involved in traction batteries, however the company I work for doesnt seem all that keen on saving cash.

The bigger question is, what are the realistic gains any one may get for having used one of your devices?

REason being, Pretty much everyone who is into electronics has tried to build a better desulfator/cell regenerator in order to squeeze more life out of old batteries only to never come up with any substantial predictable and reliable gains for it in real life working condition applications.

Believe me, after you have walked more than few miles more than just a few times or had to bum a jumpstart off a stranger, because you were sure that battery you regenerated was good now only to have it die out in the middle of nowhere or at the least convenient time and place, you really give up the the thought that you save yourself anything at all long term.

Of every battery I have messed with that went bad the vast majority were not dead because of sulfation but rather internal irreparable physical damage of one one sort or another and the sulfation was a secondary effect of that damage, not the primary point cause of their failure.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back