Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.
Resource icon

Lead-Acid Battery Charger, 12V 6A, Using Hysteretic SMPS Circuit With Auto Float-Charge 2018-04-09

Status
Not open for further replies.

crutschow

Most Helpful Member
crutschow submitted a new article:

6A, 12V Lead-Acid Battery Charger Uses Hysteretic SMPS Circuit With Auto Trickle-Charge - Simple, efficient, lead-acid battery charger auto switches from CC to CV trickle-charge mode

--Article Being Edited--

For optimum charging of lead-acid batteries a 3-step technique is often used, consisting of an initial constant-current charge, then a high constant-voltage top-off, and finally a lower constant voltage trickle-charge.
But a simpler two-step technique can also work fairly well, which is to start with a constant-current until the battery reaches a specific voltage, indicating it is near a full charge (≈90%), and then revert to a constant-voltage mode at a...

Read more about this article...

crutschow updated {articleTitle} with a new update entry:

Charge sequence changed.

The charge sequence has been changed so that it now stays at the 14.4 charge voltage until the current has dropped to about 1A, at which point it goes to the 13.6V trickle-charge mode.
Previously it immediately dropped to the trickle-charge mode when 14.4V was reached.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hello, I'm quite the noob, please bear with me. I want more than anything to COMPLETELY UNDERSTAND your circuit. I was wanting to build something like this for my lawnmower. for over the winter. Are you saying It wont work with perfboard? If so why not. I would very much like to build/prototype this I had to lookup the data sheets on some of the components just to see what they do
I'm not sure how exactly how the PWM is developed and I do not know anything about a poor-mans GATE I will try to look this stuff up. any help would be appreciated. Thanks Mick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back