Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

lcture recording help..

Status
Not open for further replies.

rotor

when i sit in a lecture i can remember only the first half hour
out of the whole 3 hours.

so i desided to record the lecture.i have a small cannon 590 camera
and i dont want to draw negative attention from the proffesor.

so i am looking for a good way to hide it

??

Last edited:
i dont know how they remmember,but recording will make it much easier it for me.
i have a small cannon 590 camera

??

i dont know how they remmember,but recording will make it much easier it for me.

??

hi,
I wouldnt hide it.
If asked by the Prof, tell him that you like to study the lecture in more detail at a later time.

If I was your lecturer I wouldnt mind you recording the talk, providing you stayed awake and paid attention.:)

BTW: a 3 hour lecture is far too long, it should be not be more than 1 hour per session.

Last edited:
i want to stay anonymous to my prof,
the less he knows me the better.

so i prefer to hide it.

??

i tried to write notes last year its worth then just recording
i am having lots of sd cards.

??

Strap it to your head, and then put on a hat with a small hole for the camera to see through.

Last edited:

??

Why do you repeat this portion in every response? Anyway, haven't been in a classroom in many years, but some professors didn't like being recorded (audio, video cameras were huge and expensive back then (bet-max)). You could purchase copies of some lectures, if you tended to 'celebrate' late, and just couldn't make it to class.

What country are you from? Never heard of three-hour lectures, although the often felt like it... What subject last that long anyway? Just curious, can't imagine a professor standing at the podium that long.

Anyway, hat was good, but you could just set it some place. Briefcase, bookbag, gym bags are also common concealers. Coffee mug... 3 hours, would think some sort of fluids would be allowed and encouraged. Caffeine would be required for most, sounds like a real snoozer.

I usually did my homework from other classes during lectures, jotted down a few notes occasionally. Had one professor ask me why I wasn't doing better on the quiz's, since I'm always writing...

hide it in your mouth, during the lecture you can open your mouth from time to time like a fish......just joking...

Last edited:
I would say to the Professor to bless me with a complete lecture video so that no need to come to the class even..

Professor has to come to my house time to time with weekly lecture videos :p

...has to wake me up while I'm sleeping for giving video?!!!

once i openly filmed lectures
and i understood the material much better

but also i got negative attention from the proffesors.

fortunately in our test we are not required to write id or name

:)

but i dont want to do that again

Last edited:
It sounds like a scam, your spelling sux for a college student, use a spell checker, and the shift key wouldn't hurt. Should have learned that you should make your presentation look like you are serious, if expect people to take you seriously.

China turns out a bunch of tiny video recorders (camera+DVR). Have seen pens, buttons, keychain car alarm remote (got this one), small enough to hide in a pack of gum, cigarette lighters (no smoking in class), sunglasses. Battery only lasts an hour (claim two hours), and you won't know what you got, until you plug it in to the computer. Word of caution, when I plugged mine into my XP (no internet), my virus protection went crazy, formatted the camera, and seems all is well. Pretty good deal, for under $40, 4 gig storage, video (VGA) and still pictures(1280x760), and the image quality is clear in decent light, not useless in low light. Case seems pretty solid, doubt it'll break if dropped.

Sounds like you want to sell the videos, because I doubt many people want to sit through 3 hours, and your typing doesn't speak to highly of your interest in education...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back