Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LCD temperature display using XC8 and PIC16F877A

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you so much Ian Rogers , it works and it's not so difficult for me to understand, I learn a lot from it :)

Thank you Little Ghostman, you helped me out. :D
// That is week exercise, we have to submit on weekend

Now I have to deal with new week homework :banghead::banghead::banghead:

what is it this week?
Get them to use an 18f !!! the one your using powered the ark :D

This week exercise was informed to be "perpetual calendar" but specific requirements is coming tomorrow I guess , it's 22:40 in Viet Nam
Hope I can deal with it :nailbiting:
// 16F is fixed requirement, it's only optional between 16F877 and 16F877A

Such a week of headache :angelic::angelic::angelic:

what is it this week?
Get them to use an 18f !!! the one your using powered the ark :D
LG! Some people aren't as lucky as us with there choice of Micro.... The "Electronic Procurement Mart" in some places is extremely basic... You are lucky if you can get 741's let alone a pic16!!

LG! Some people aren't as lucky as us with there choice of Micro.... The "Electronic Procurement Mart" in some places is extremely basic... You are lucky if you can get 741's let alone a pic16!!
Most of VN has access to RS components, I am sure its more to do with what the teachers can teach than what chip they can get. The 16f they use corresponds with the chip with the most software on the net.
I am positive this has nothing to do with whats available, its also odd they are given one week for this kind of project considering the level of programming most students have.

Its the same situation with India, the guy I have mentioned before thats in my class has said a few times about the teaching being based around what the teachers have access too online code wise. Think of RK who went on to teach................. Then tell me its about supply of chips. If it was about supply then VN would not have any modern devices made there, and yet they do.

Nothing wrong with 16F chips, I use them in preference to 18F chips.
No nothing wrong with them at all, but both of you miss the point, they only ever use sims so choice of chip is not relevant, what needs changing is quality of teaching, how can they realistically be expected to do a project like that with only basic skills? Having spoken at lengh with some kids at my school from India and VN I am pretty sure the reason is the teachers cant do the work themselves, so have no idea how long the projects take. I asked what the project was for a reason, I have a list here from my friend at school, I am willing to bet that every project on that list crops up over the next 5 weeks ;).

Dont get me wrong I am on there side, I think despite what some think of foreign students they are being given a crap education and yet as individuals there is some excellent students. If I could teach I would like to help them but I cant.

It dosnt help saying rubbish like they can only get this chip or that chip when they simply simulate anyway, the only way its ever going to change is when someone actually starts teaching the next generation of teachers. The kid I mentioned a few times came to the uk knowing little, he is now really good despite my schools best effort to hold him and everyone else back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back