Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

lcd monitor backlights

Status
Not open for further replies.

spuffock

I have several failed monitors, all of which have ccfl inverter failures. The inverters are made by non existent companies, have in house numbered parts, or have attempted to commit arson. Sorry, one is traceable, and can be obtained from an exorbitary where the price exceeds the new cost of the monitor.
I would very much like to hear of attempts to replace ccfl's with white leds, filament lamps, or even candles.

spuffock said:
I would very much like to hear of attempts to replace ccfl's with white leds, filament lamps, or even candles.
Hee, hee. Candles?? Inside a modern monitor?? Hee, hee.

I assume whale oil lamps are not acceptable?:)
The backlight inverters we use where I work are from Arrow OEM p/n 0XA-L0612-VLJ. Don't know if it will fit your bill or not. Worth looking into, though.
JB

Do you have a working one you can get the voltage in and out and find a substitute part?

Or sell them on Ebay for big screen projector LCD screens. They just add a powerful light and some lens to them.

Last edited:
Yes. Candles. From what I've seen so far, the reliability and fire risk are similar.
As for whale oil lamps, I don't have an explosives licence for the harpoon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back