Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LCD display

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I buy a LCD module, does they always have an internal LCD driver with the characters, or should I have one of those too?

I'm going to buy the MC0802A-SGR from EVERBOUQUET, can't see if it has, or not. Here's the datasheet:

**broken link removed**
(not one of the best I have seen)

If I need a driver, which should I use and where to buy?

Electronics4you

Not only it has a driver with it, I'm 99% certain that it uses the same control command as the popular HD44780 LCD display. Silly not to as it is so common. The following is an electrical diagram from its datasheet.

Attachments

• lcd_x.gif
    lcd_x.gif
    7.7 KB · Views: 528
Electronics4you said:
When I buy a LCD module, does they always have an internal LCD driver with the characters, or should I have one of those too?

I'm going to buy the MC0802A-SGR from EVERBOUQUET, can't see if it has, or not. Here's the datasheet:

If I need a driver, which should I use and where to buy?

Electronics4you

You don't need a driver. The onboard controller is not the HD44780, but som clone called SPLC780A1. I suspect its the same, but here is the datasheet for the controller. https://www.electro-tech-online.com/custompdfs/2005/09/61714.pdf

TOK ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back