Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LCD burned?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wond3rboy

Hi i bought two LCD's 16x2 and they worked fine initially. One was with backlight and the other without it. The one with the backlight worked fine once and then the next day it wasnt showing any thing. When i adjusted the contrast it showed squares in only the 2nd row.About the one without backlight it doesnt show anything at all(no squares or anything0. Both of them get warmed up(the black blobs on the back get slightly hot).

If you see squares on the LCD then its ready to accept data.

If you don't see any squares then something wrong with your power section.Look carefully don't get hurry.

The black blobs getting hot is not a good idea.

A schematic would be very helpful as well.

Black squares could also mean a damaged processor.

Boncuk

Sounds like either broken lcd's or a wiring error.. Either way it will be a little tricky to fault find (for me anyway)

As said provide a diagram. What is controlling the modules? If it's a microcontroller then try to supply the code you're using. Your description doesn't sound very encouraging, but there's still hope, and at least they're very cheap to replace.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back