Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Latch wont latch

Status
Not open for further replies.

sajubeni

Hi,
I am desigining a 64-ary QAM. While desiging,i encountered an unexpected problem in the latch.The problem is the latch wont latch.Since this is for study purpose,i am using low frequencies only.I am giving a clock frequency of 6.4KHz and the data rate is 19.2Kbps. Logic 1 is +5 Volt and Logic 0 is 0 Volt. When used under these condition,the latch is not working.I am using DM74LS374 latch.Can anybody please help me out?

Saju.

Please post a schematic.

That's funny. Every LS374 I've ever used was transparent when the latch enable signal was high and latched when latch enable was low. That is the only possible misinterpretation I can think of.

Another issue might lie in the fact that the 'LS374 is an octal d-type flip-flop, not an octal latch. The 'LS373 is an octal transparent latch. Both have tri-state outputs. Personally, I like the '573 and '574 for ease of PC board layout.
JB

Qam Ic

Finally, it worked. There was a problem with the clock. I want to know whether is there any IC's available particularly for QAM. If u know,please help me out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back