Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Latch Circuit Modify Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suraj143

This is a latch circuit with a reset button.The circuit works fine.

For the reset button we don't have Normally close type switches in my area. that's why we use a relay with a Normally open switch.

I want to replace the Relay2 with an electronic component. How to do that?I need to build 300 pcs from the below circuit.

Attachments

• Latch.BMP
    464.7 KB · Views: 169
Can you get a spring-loaded SPDT switch (or SPDT micro-switch)?

I can not see your attachment, can you send it in something other then a .BMP file?

How about this: Uses two NO momentary switches...

Latch1.gif

You could get by with only a SPDT relay

Last edited:
You beat me to it, Mike. I was working on virtually the same solution (but the PNP version) ;)
RelayLatching.gif

Hi

Energize the relay on +12 side thru a resistor on neg side. Latch thru NO relay contact to +12. Connect +12 thru NO button to neg side of coil. Shunt the relay coil with +12v thru NO button to reset (because +12 on both sides of coil when reset is pressed)?

eT

Hi

Energize the relay on +12 side thru a resistor on neg side. Latch thru NO relay contact to +12. Connect +12 thru NO button to neg side of coil. Shunt the relay coil with +12v thru NO button to reset (because +12 on both sides of coil when reset is pressed)?

eT

Wouldn't that require a 6V relay on a 12V circuit, with a power wasting resistor?

Wouldn't that require a 6V relay on a 12V circuit, with a power wasting resistor?

I call it "power saving resistor". ;)
Could choose a resistor value that would still allow must operate voltage across coil.

eT

Sorry. I meant post #9 in this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back