Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Large electronics lot Northern Virginia

Status
Not open for further replies.

chuck99z28

I am retiring and I have a large lot of electronics prototyping supplies and equipment in a storage garage in Northern Virginia.
This includes a CNC PCB mill and supplies, spectrum analyzer, oscilloscope, capacitor tester, large UV burner, vacuum pumps, soldering equipment.
Both surface mount and thru-hole.

I also have a massive collection of electronic components, resisters, capacitors, ICs, transistors including older germanium

The mill and some other stuff can be seen at <MOD EDIT: Commercial link removed>. This lot includes everything to mill, etch, plate, mask pcbs, with testing equipment and a huge selection of components all sorted by value.

Right now it is packed in plastic storage boxes and not sorted for sale. Before I go through that process, I was wondering if anyone is interested in the whole lot at a cost much lower then it would be if I sold it all individually. If anyone is in the Woodbridge, VA area and is interested in looking and possibly making an offer let me know. Otherwise I begin the process of picture taking and posting as individual items. I am prepared to deal on this. I'd like to move it out as quick as possible. I would also consider consignment or donation for a deduction if I can get assistance with that process.

Also if anyone has an advice for quickly getting rid of this, aside from throwing it away, please let me know.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Chuck,

If you could post some pictures here in this thread just to give the general viewing audience an idea of your collection, that would be most helpful.

Regards,
Matt

I'll work to get some pics this weekend and will report back.

The link I posted isn't commercial. Nothing for sale there. Not even ads, because I own the domain and lease the server space from a provider without ads. It is also not a forum, so no competition. It is a site I used to document my PCB processes using the equipment I'm trying to sell. I created it a few years ago. I'd like to post it if I can.

Hi Chuck,

Links to personal websites are allowed in your signature but not in the post content. Posting it in messages pushes the boundaries for self-promotion. It's generally preferred that you post all pertinent information (images, specifications, etc) here at ETO so that the reader isn't forced to go to a third-party site. Putting your link in your signature, however, allows readers to check out your website without being forced. I hope this makes sense.

Pictures uploaded to the forum would be great.

Regards,
Matt

Last edited:
Ok, so I took some pictures of what I call Group 1. All the equipment and supplies to create double sided printed circuit boards from an electronic CAD program of your choice.

Specifications
  • Table Area: Width: 6.035" (153.2890 mm), Length: 12.000" (304.8000 mm)
  • Mill Area: X-Axis 8.108" (205.9432 mm) Y-Axis 4.538" (115.2652 mm) Z-Axis 1.906" (048.4124 mm
  • Resolution:
  • Step Size configured:
  • Spindle Collet: 1/8" (.125") Tri-Split Collet
  • Spindle End Play: <.0003"
  • Spindle Speed: 24,000 R.P.M.
  • Spindle T.I.R. .0001" (.0004" max)
  • Table Slots: five 1/4" T-slots
Accessories
  • Dial Indicator:
  • Drill Rack
  • Vacuum Table:

**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**

There is also a
Shaker water bath
UV Exposure unit
Lab Oven
Laminator
Laminator supplies
Extra spindle for mill
Lots of high end mill bits
Vacuum pumps for mill vacuum table and dust collection
Air regulator and hoses
Copper plating supplies
Chemical mixer
Chemical measuring and mixing supplies
Paper safes
Micrometers (various)
Microscope camera

At this point I'm really looking for an enthusiast in the Northern VA/DC/MD area who is interested in this equipment. You could get it for a song and a dance. I'm thinking $500 is fair for group 1. The mill bits alone are probably worth that.

Here is the test equipment.
  • HP 8595A Spectrum Analyzer
  • HP54111D Color Digital Oscilloscope.
  • Videotek VTM-300 video Monitor
  • QuadTech 1659 RLC Digibridge Autoranging Impedance Meter.
  • HP 4278A Capacitance Meter
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**