Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Lan on EM waves...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ayne

http://www.nullmodem.com/RJ-45.htm

As in above link
the connection of "Ethernet 10BASE-T 100BASE-TX" are shown.

i think Lan transfer differntional data in "Ethernet 10BASE-T 100BASE-TX" am i right???

infact i want to send data of Lan to a place which is far from my house is about 10 kilometer therefore i want to send data thorough radio waves can any one help me. Any circuit, tip, tutorials, or any link......

If you can do "line of sight", then two 802.11 ethernet bridges ($100 each), a pair of parabolic antennas($$), two pairs of binoculars and a friend - since aiming this thing is going to be a pain...

Alternativly, there's this project that's been around for a while
http://ronja.twibright.com/
but they claim a distance of 1.4Km - using EM waves of the red variety...

Otherwise, there's this internet thingy which is really good at linking two computers via ethernet that are many Km apart...

the 10bT is a 10Megabit FSK signal and I doubt that your "line of sight" so I'll tell you from many years of trying to get FM radios to work with 9600bit signals, it ain't pretty.

Members of the Southwest VHF Society prefer rifle scopes for antenna aiming and 1/4' aluminum plate for RF platforms.

Ayne said:
In my idea
FM transciver

OK, a good start.
But what frequency? Dont say the usual 88 to 108 MHz, it wont work.
What speed are you expecting to send data, 10Mbps?
You will need a bandwidth comparable to 10Mhz, give or take a bit of data compression.
Not practical to try and modulate this on a 100Mhz carrier, you will splatter all over every radio station in town.
Not to mention problems with your receiver bandwidth, it will hear all the stations in town.

JimB

Paul Obrien said:
the 10bT is a 10Megabit FSK signal and I doubt that your "line of sight" so I'll tell you from many years of trying to get FM radios to work with 9600bit signals, it ain't pretty.

Ethernet physical layer types

I've never dealt with 10Base-T, so I had to look it up - it's manchester encoded data, and 100Base-T has a funky 3 level waveform.

It makes no sense to me why you would want to design your own radio system for making a wireless network connection when you can purchase 802.11 wireless networking devices and antennas as mentioned in the very first response. It's certainly not going to be an easy project if you try to build your own. For one thing, surely you are going to get a lot of errors in transmission with a homemade system at such a high distance... how well will the wired 10baseT devices be able to handle these errors, when normally they would have very low error rates over a hard wired connection? existing wireless devices would already have such problems solved for you...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back