Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Labeling

Status
Not open for further replies.

KeepItSimpleStupid

Most Helpful Member
I have this IR to RF and RF to IR converting gizmos.

Would you label the IR receiver as Tx and the IR transmitter as Rx like mine are labeled from the factory?

I know, they did it with respect to RF, but who cares what the medium is. I think of the IR being received and IR being transmitted. What if the medium was Ethernet?

Just rambling.

Yes but its a converter.
So the original medium does not count for naming purposes just the converted signal.
Think of a RC car the transmitter does not care where it gets its signal from it just transmits it.

I think the same way; IR is emitter - detector. (Tx - Rx) seems more Serial RS-232, Visca or Ethernet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back