Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

L293 Motor driver difficulty

Status
Not open for further replies.

spiked

So I'm building a line following robot that is directly wired from the Atmega8 to a L293 motor driver chip and then obviously to some motors.

The Atmega8 is sending manual PWM signal to the L293 driver on the forward pins. By that I mean I have code like:

void motor_pacer();{

ticked++

if( ticked <= duty_cycle)

PORTD |= LEFT_FORWARD;

else if(ticked <= period)

PORTD &= ~LEFT_FORWARD;

else

ticked=0;

}

All other pins on the L293 are logic low. Except obviously for the 2 Vcc pins which are supplied by a 6V battery and also for one enable.

Without the L293 motor driver in all the voltages are showing what I expect. Importantly the enable to one motor is high while the enable pin to the other is low and PWM is being sent to one forward pin. However when I insert the L293 motor driver in both motors switch on and the voltage on both enable pins has become high.

How do I fix this?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back