Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Komec 936 soldering iron

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrDEB

I needed a heating element but none available so I found a Hakko 907 iron which is basically the same but the Komec is a cheap knock off copy.
Problem is the iorn is wired different so I rewired the pcboard at the iron connections (heater, sensor, ground)
ONE big problem-the led indicator light flashes.
I have a Hakko 936 schematic but it uses a zero voltage switch.
PLAN now is to utilize Komec 936 case and transformer and build a pcboard Hakko copy using the Hakko 907 iron unless anyone has a better solution?

According to my research Aoyue 936a (NOT Aoyue 936!)) is full copy of Hakko 936 station excluding socket gender. Female socket you can buy at Hakko site for ~$6.

I am in process of building

Have a working PIC controlled soldering iron that has an LCD display.
Just getting the little bugs out and adding an auto shut-off.
In my book if it doesn't say HAKKO it has little chance of being a genuine HAKKO
The PIC controlled with zero crossing (another add on I am hoping for, could be build for under $30 less transformer.
The iron off Ebay = $12, PIC = $4, LCD = $4, could be built on a perf-board.
The HAKKO schematic I found on the web turned out it had problems. Missing connections etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back