Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Knight rider KITT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gunner1972

how easy would it be to make a sound module that works alongside a Knight rider scanner led light powered by a 12v car battery? I want to place the led scanner light behind the grill on my mustang but to wisp have the woosh woosh sound from the tv show at the same time..

Super easy. Use a

$10 for a 5.5" speaker
$29 Class D amplifier board (Dayton 1x60W at Parts Express)
$5 for Dayton wiring add-on package to keep everything easy (Parts Express)
$35 Rasberry Pi minicomputer (RPi) with input terminals (many places sell these)
$10 for SD card with NOOBs operating system for Raspberry pi
$10 12VDC to 5v adapter (2.5A) to power raspberry pi from car.
A bit of code to make the RPi ready to play the sound when an
i/O pin is connected to ground.
$10 for a pair of wires and a switch to connect the I/O pin to ground.

Sorry meant to say that this item would be in the engine bay or also behind the grill (or at least the speaker would be), using a pi, the concern would be both the boot up time and writing the code(i wouldn't have a clue).

Look into Neopixels and find Pi code to operate them. You will need to understand the code a little to make it do what you want. I don’t know Pi but I’m sure it can drive a speaker, probably with recorded audio, timed to the light display.

Look into Neopixels and find Pi code to operate them. You will need to understand the code a little to make it do what you want. I don’t know Pi but I’m sure it can drive a speaker, probably with recorded audio, timed to the light display.
Neopixels are lights, he is asking about the sound. KITT sounds like someone shaking a large piece of sheet metal.

Neopixels are lights, he is asking about the sound. KITT sounds like someone shaking a large piece of sheet metal.
Real good descriptor:

Kitt the car light bar sounds. Guessing the sound clip could be embedded on a sound chip and setup to play in sync (or close to it) with the light effect.

Ron

Xotic Tech RGB Knight Rider LED Scanner Light Strip, 21'' 48-SMD Multicolored LED Flash Strobe Light Bar Kit for Car Interior Exterior Hood Grille Trunk $30

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Xotic-Te...=sem&msclkid=7c28eacff00f1c71fcccb58fe59c58a9

7 Color 48 LED RGB Knight Rider Scanner Flash Car Strobe Strip Light Kit 22 Inch $20
https://www.ebay.com/itm/1843126385...38679341&customid=184312638508_2&toolid=11000

Do a Google search for “knight rider kitt grill lights”
Also search here. This subject comes up often.

Does anyone fancy taking this on as a challenge. I will of course pay...
It's not all that complicated. Given a choice or the choices I would just use a uC (micro processor) of your choosing be it An Arduino, Raspberry Pi or similar. You can use digital outputs to drive the lamps which can be LED or Incandescent. Personally I would choose incandescent for the Kitt effect. You will likely need a simple driver transistor for each lamp. Using maybe 10 lamps? They sweep back and forth and while doing so a simple sound chip plays the audio file I linked to and Gophert mentioned. Everything could fit a simple bread board.

While any of the members here will be happy to help with guidance and even program writing code most of us are scattered to the corners of the globe. Myself here in the Cleveland, Ohio suburbs.

Ron

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back