Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

kilowatt meter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mojalco

Hello! I am trying to build a digital kilowatt meter. In order for me to do that I must know/measure the power factor. Can anyone give me a hint on how I would be able to do it. And is there an IC which I can use to measure power factor.

Thanks!!

kilowattmeter

:D hi ron,

have seen the article you referred and it uses lcd to show the readings. since lcd here in our country is not that readily available, is there a way to use a 7-segment LED? :D

Re: kilowattmeter

mozikluv said:
:D hi ron,

have seen the article you referred and it uses lcd to show the readings. since lcd here in our country is not that readily available, is there a way to use a 7-segment LED? :D
I see no reason you can't use 7 segment displays, but you might have to rewrite some of the code. **broken link removed** is another link to the same project.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back