Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Flow meter

Status
Not open for further replies.

g2c

Hello,

as part of my arduino controlled irrigation, there is a flow meter sampled by arduino who sends me an email should the flow divert too much from the value attached to each valve. This summer i replaced the flow meter (1", 10 $ from ebay) because it was blocked, probably because it stayed idle during the winter. The new one (same type) is rather imprecise, almost useless below 50l/h. Can someone here recommend a (reasonable quality and cost) flow meter covering 10-2000 l/h.

Thank you!

Those are essentially 'toys', how about using a proper water meter (they come in a wide variety of ranges) and either have internal pulse sensors or external clip-on ones. They should be much more robust.

Thank you Nigel, can you please share some links?

I've never had occasion to buy one, the water companies install them here for free (or included in your bill), but there are a huge variety of different types and sizes.

Here's one example:

Can someone here recommend a (reasonable quality and cost) flow meter covering 10-2000 l/h.
That's a 200:1 operating range. Most reasonably low cost ones are nearer 10:1 0r 20:1 range...

Wide range ones do exist - but most are crazy prices, eg.

The domestic water meter plus pulse transmitter that Nigel suggested looks to be the most economical option.

Nigel Goodwin, rjenkinsgb. Thank you. Ill investigate this path locally or buy the meter and i/f from the UK

Nigel Goodwin, rjenkinsgb. Thank you. Ill investigate this path locally or buy the meter and i/f from the UK

I would expect you should be able to find something similar locally, water companies worldwide tend to do very similar things - and monitoring water meters is a very common part of their work. Much of our business at work is involved in it, and our core business is probably manufacturing and supplying splitters to feed multiple devices from a single meter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back