Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

keypad PCB

Status
Not open for further replies.
its a bit hard to visualise, but you get the idea....
It involves routing tracks underneath the pushbuttons...

Attachments

• 4x4.jpg
    4x4.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 641
you got me curious, so I popped open a 4x4 single sided pcb keypad and this is what i found.

those dog-bone shapped links can be ran down and around below and inbetween the connection pins i think.

I haven't totally worked out how, but its probably possible with your type of pushbuttons.
Although it may look like spaghetti.

And another thing,
the contacts you have made, (2 parallel lines with the line inbetween), I would change that to resemble something that looks like the contacts on the pcb in the attachment.
So that they almost inter-lock. The more area of copper spread out over the whole circle below the push button contact, the more chance of a quicker/better/even contact.

Attachments

• DSC07515.JPG
    DSC07515.JPG
    558.3 KB · Views: 3,012
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back