Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

keypad & LCD

Status
Not open for further replies.

dengdiego

does anyone know where i can get a pic basic pro sample to display a key being press then display on the lcd. i'm using pic 18F452 chip to do the job.

thanks a bunch

you hardly need a 18f452 to do that, even the obselete 16f84 can do that and there is plenty of code for that on the web. I would suggest a 16f628 since the code is almost identical to the 84 so you could use most of the samples you find with just a little work.

follow this

you can follow this flow chart...it gave me such a hardtime to finish a project just like yours. so giving you this chart to followe...it helps a lot...study well and good luck..

Attachments

• scanning_keypad_chart.jpg
    scanning_keypad_chart.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 803
thanks.

thanks..for the flow chart...it help a lot. if i were to output the key pressed on to the lcd. Can i just set a temp file to stored the key file and lcdout?

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back