Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

KEyLess Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maxer

Hello
I loose my keys a lot and right now my bike is pretty much hot wired and it turns on by 3 switches.
i have 6 different wires when i press the all the switches to on
it connects
switch 1 RED wire to ORANGE wire
switch 2 Green wire to Brown wire
swtich 3 Orange with red tracer wire to Black with white tracer wire.
once these are to on position bike is turned on
Is there a way to turn it on in a better way , i was gonna get a replacement key but i can't right now because i am about to move to a different country soon.
i was thinking something like a "thumb scan device" programmed to recognize my thumb print only. so when i place my thumb on the small scanner . the scanner send the signal to the 3 switches or 6 wires to turn the bike ignition to ON.
If someone else tries to turn the bike on with there thumb it shouldn't send that signal to turn the ignition on.
i can have the "tumb scanner" operate of a 1.5Vbattery or even bikes battery it self...
Also would have a ON/OFF switch for the scanner so the scanner is turned off and the device is not draining the battery while its parked over night or for a long time.
I don't know if this is possible just an idea to make my life better.
If you have any suggestions on how to do this please let me know
thanks
max

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back