Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Just wandered in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

QuietMan

I am a regular at another forum, AAC, and found this one by accident. Not bad, if I had found this one first I would likely have settled here. Now that I've found it I'll be back now and again.

I don't know what this sites rules are concerning mentioning competing forums. My own attitude is the more the merrier. I plan on mentioning this site there.

I've generated quite a few megs of schematics at AAC, and help with writing their text book. You both use the same software, and the layouts are remarkably similar (eerily so). Apparently you both started about the same time.

I'm a old tech, been doing this 30+ years, run a BBS for 20 someodd years, and do this to keep my sanity. My current job, while technical, is not that of a technician.

I'm pretty much a guru with 555 (I know, its an easy one), but a lot of noobs don't know them yet. In teaching and writing about them I've learned even more, always a plus.

What brought me here is a google search about puck bucks, never had hands on with one and I'm trying to help another guy with his project (fast alternate flashing 700ma LEDS at 10Hz).

Anyhow, see ya'll around.

Last edited:
Welcome aboard Bill; I hope you decide to stick around and contribute.

Thanks.

Yep, it's me. Since I made my avitar you can bet I'm the guy behind it.

Quick question about etiquette around here, I have a deep library at AAC, it it applies to a forum post here, do you want me to recreate it here (which can mean cut and paste), or can I link to the AAC post (or library).

For example, my blog there is quite deep.

If I just broke the rules I'm asking about I apologize, but then, that's why I'm asking.

I see this site is having the same problems with the HHO crowd. Figures.

Last edited:
What HHO problem? :confused:
Its a good laugh for many of us! :D

If scientifically approached the truth comes out in the end and people learn something about believing what they read about on line. ;)

Hi QuietMan,

We do offer blogs which you are welcome to use, and also when you have 25 posts or more you can post in the theory / projects forums.

With regards to links to AAC, we don't mind them at all. The only concern is that if it's relevant to this forum, we would like to have it here and the reason being is that if their site goes down, or they restructure their links our content will become broken.

Regards,
EM

Last edited:
Thankee Kindlee.

I suspect every site goes down in short bursts now and again. My Verizon FIOS sure isn't immune.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back