Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

just a joke no means to offend annybody

Status
Not open for further replies.
bryan1 said:
It really is a shame for Us Aussies 'aving to teach the rest of the world common day terms.

I agree with you i spend 2 years working/traveling/living in australia and it's in a way a different language but it is spoken the same all over the continent (no dialects)

work again with a few ozzys in my company and i kinda like the language

not complicated pretty straight to the point (for a lot of people to direct) but i am from holland and we are also direct although we do swear less than the ozzys do:)

Robert-Jan

JimB said:
Go away!
Roughly the same as f*** off, but a lot less offensive.

JimB

hi Jim,
But not as much fun,?:rolleyes:

The olde version is: 'Go forth and multiply.!'

ericgibbs said:
hi Jim,
But not as much fun,?:rolleyes:

The olde version is: 'Go forth and multiply.!'

Before you Go Forth make sure continue your window shopping and include a view of Forths mum, so, to be sure to be sure when you see Forths mum needs 2 stools to take a seat your slim young Forth will soon multiply in more ways than you think when you multiply :eek:

Hi rjvh,

Where did you hear this joke from? No one ever heard of drinking piss. :eek: That's discusting. I don't find it humorous, it made me sick!!!! I love the taste of beer, but now it puts me off.
Don't forget : be polite and respect your fellow members. You've humiliated the Australian and insulted the Chinese intelligence!
Now the Aussies are pissed- that means piss off or very upset.

Bobcan said:
Hi rjvh,

Where did you hear this joke from? No one ever heard of drinking piss. :eek: That's discusting. I don't find it humorous, it made me sick!!!! I love the taste of beer, but now it puts me off.
Don't forget : be polite and respect your fellow members. You've humiliated the Australian and insulted the Chinese intelligence!

Lighten up, you need to do a lot more than that to upset an Aussie.

Mike.

bryan1 said:
Before you Go Forth make sure continue your window shopping and include a view of Forths mum, so, to be sure to be sure when you see Forths mum needs 2 stools to take a seat your slim young Forth will soon multiply in more ways than you think when you multiply :eek:

hi Bryan,
Whats the point of buying a book when you can join a library,,,:rolleyes:

Bobcan said:
Hi rjvh,

Beer still tastes like beer + The chines probably invented chasing chicks. If you have ever seen a kung fu movie they have a corner on the market when it comes to getting pissed off too !!!! :D

Bobcan said:
Hi rjvh,

You're kidding, right? In Canada, it's fairly common to refer to weak, generic, or light beer as "piss". My Danish grandfather used to refer to bad beer as "fox piss" (sounds better in Danish).

(Warning for the squeamish: you might want to skip the next paragraph. ;) )

As for drinking urine, it's not as uncommon as you might think. Especially, believe it or not, in parts of China. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Urophagia Not that I've ever tried it, you understand. :)

But it's only really recommended if the only alternative is Coors Lite.

OK, that's enough of that. Cheers!

Torben

Last edited:
Torben said:
You're kidding, right? In Canada, it's fairly common to refer to weak, generic, or light beer as "piss". My Danish grandfather used to refer to bad beer as "fox piss" (sounds better in Danish).

(Warning for the squeamish: you might want to skip the next paragraph. ;) )

As for drinking urine, it's not as uncommon as you might think. Especially, believe it or not, in parts of China. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Urophagia Not that I've ever tried it, you understand. :) Torben

Did you see the part about the Romans doing it to whiten their teeth ? :p

Talk about oral decay. As far as healthy I don't think lite beer is going to do it.

Dark and frothy that's the ticket. :p

Bobcan said:
Hi rjvh,

Hi Mr bobcan

i am a little suprised how sensitive this iseu is for you :eek:

as for the humiliation of australians ,that is only possible if you beat them in cricket,swimming, and rugby union :D

and if an ozzy is pissed he is extreemly drunk (to correct you):D

if an ozzy is verry upset he is mad, he will solve the problem and get pissed (extreemly drunk):D

as for where i get the joke from, a few ozzys work in my company and they forward it to me

as for the chinese guy in my oppinin he is naive

you have those people in every nationality

i can remeber that i send highly educated people away to the shop to buy me a square drill bit :D and they come back after being send from one shop to another shop in town with the message that they have to order the part

is that an insult for the person or is that a form of a practical joke

other one was that i send sombody away for a box with sparks that i needed for my spark plug in my motor bike:D

he walked away to get it and at the end of the road he realized it that it whas a joke

end of the story australia is a country with a different use and meaning of words in there language and also have different customs
and if you're a stranger to it you can have funny situations

sorry but that's life

for the ozzy fellas here on the forum

i've seen a bit of your country and deffenetly like the life style

but i do support the all blacks:D

Robert-Jan

Torben said:

Torben

Well.... may be the joke should be on the Canadians then..:D

I'm not even Australian, I've been working in Australia for many years. I always go to the pub with my mates and I never heard about drinking piss. To get pissed, yes. May be I haven't been here long enough. The Aussies are very nice people. I just thought that might upset them. But then again, the only thing might upset them badly is beating them in cricket match. :D

Well the ol' square drill is a good one for a joke. but actually there is a product that WILL drill a square hole.:D

I got my service manager a bloody beauty a few months ago, I asked him to get me a 13" population tool and after ringing about 3 suppliers he finally got the joke.:p Now was he pissed you bet he was ( and no he wasn't drinking beer). He did try to get me sacked over it, but both the CEO and national manager made him a laughing stock in our company of over 200 people. That joke really went to show just how nieve this bloke is but he did keep his job and I still have mine.

Anyway as bobcan doesn't show any location we can only guess actually where it really comes from. That might have to go into another thread in this ****-chat forum.:D:D:D

In Canada we make STRONG beer that we export to the America. American beer is available here and we call it weak watered down piss. Especially the ones that are LITE.
Women and fat wimpy guys drink American LITE beers.

Well sombody is upset with me in this thread :D

I thought i was back on the distinguished road again but it changed to spectacular aura

It could be seen as a compliment:D

still I didn't get a note from this guy :rolleyes:

If you mess with a men's beer even when you refer it to somthing else you're asking for trouble:D:D:D

Robert-Jan

Drinking urine is unhealthy and deadly, if you are a boozer or drug user. You are re-circulating the toxins that affect your lungs. I see no humor in this degrading act.

Drinking urine is unhealthy and deadly, if you are a boozer or drug user. You are re-circulating the toxins that affect your lungs. I see no humor in this degrading act.

Nobody is suggesting that drinking urine is a good idea. And just for reference, the lungs are not high on the list of organs adversely affected by drinking. And for further reference, "drugs" is a damned wide topic, so if you're going to make claims like that, you should specify which drugs in particular you are addressing. And perhaps cite some sources for your claims.

Drinking urine is not a degrading act unless someone is forced to drink it as an act of degradation. It might well be a foolish one, though. And in most European and North American cultures it would be typically viewed as somewhat digusting. The degradation is in the context of the circumstances.

Torben

White Teeth ! Strike a pose.

I use my drugs sparingly, for the proper balance of Tooth whiteness.

My Dentist wants to know my secret. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back