Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

junebug 18f2550

Status
Not open for further replies.

dawson

I have been using a serial ICSP to program but had to use an old pc as it was the only one that had a serial port. Now that pc has died and not worth fixing so I need a usb programmer to use on my newer pc.

I have seen posts about a DIY junebug which I would like to try. The problem is I have no means of putting the firmware onto the pic without buying a ready built programer.

Is there anywhere I can buy a pre-programmed pic? Or would anyone consider putting the firmware on a 18f2550 and shipping it to me for a cost?

Thanks

Is there anybody willing to do this please? I will cover all costs pic and postage etc.

I really dont want to buy a programmer if it can be avoided.

thanks

A word of advice

my opinion is that it may not worth it.

Adding the price of a 18f2550, the usb socket, the icsp socket, the box to put it into and any possible postage of a preprogrammed chip from one of us, will almost rise above the price of a PICKit2.

From the learning point of view, you wont be learning much, and you can always practice your soldering in projects to come.
Plus buying a solid working programmer will save much head scratching, either doing one of your own or in the future projects when it for some reason fails.

Best regards,
Hugo,
Portugal

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back