Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

jumping boots.....really kool

Status
Not open for further replies.
I found a direct link to the video so you can play it BIG and save it:
**broken link removed**

The jumping guy is a pro so he doesn't use a helmet anymore. I noticed that he still has knee-pads for those "oops" moments not shown in the video.

But you still need to know how to do it whithout ladning on your head.(For such moments you soud put an spring on your hear trough.)

moody07747 said:
yea that's what he does in the video

im trying to find some spring steel so i can make these myself

wish i had some measurements

Why not just buy them?, I would have thought the USA is by far the easiest place to find them?, and they have been around for quite a few years now. Funnily enough they were on UK TV again last week, perhaps they have just been released again?.

Bowflex were recalled. Some people were seriously injured when they broke. They were only stretching with them, not jumping with them.

moody07747 said:
why dont I just buy them?....because $500 seems crazy to me when I can just pick up two bowflex rods and some steel and weld some myself

It's your life! - but trusting it to untested, potentially unsafe, equipment - where you have to have considerable skill to avoid injury anyway, sounds rather foolhardy?.

Why buy brake fluid?, just stick some water out of a puddle in the brake cylinder! - it's a liquid just the same :lol: :lol:

I ahven't seen the original bowflex on TV for a long time. They have some new thing with disks. The disks contain different strngths of springs and as you pull the handles, the disks rotate to compress the springs.

I wonder how fast you could run in those?

Here's some stuff like them:

**broken link removed**

Bah I can't find the good ones....perhaps homemade? I can see tubular steel/aluminum enclosing a spring...they're still amazing.

They have some new thing with disks. The disks contain different strngths of springs...

They look like giant rubber bands that wrap around a center cylinder to me...

-Infamous

MrMikey83 said:
I ahven't seen the original bowflex on TV for a long time. They have some new thing with disks. The disks contain different strngths of springs and as you pull the handles, the disks rotate to compress the springs.

I wonder how fast you could run in those?

i see the original here all the time...like 10 bars on each side and you clip each onto the wire...SNAP!!! :roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back