Jukebox for the members Lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice drum solo in that killivolt.

I always thought he may have learned a few thing from this 1937 classic .... with a drum solo by Gene Krupa.

Anything is possible; this is a comment someone left on the Video.

**broken link removed** quote: Here is the Passacaglia and Fugue in C minor. Listen to the opening bass notes... they are repeated over and over. Just like those above, 250 years later.

This is a reference to what he was saying; I can't read music nor have I been classically trained so I'm just quoting his remarks.

I enjoy classical music as well; my wife and I go to the concert hall every now and again. I also enjoy attending the Senior Center once a year and watch Utah Orchestra with a friend of mine. Been doing it for years now.

My nephew played last chair violinest for Utah Orchestra until he got married.

kv

I was speaking to a Professor today; I gave him a CD to listen to and I forgotten this Band.

Not sure if they are still together or not. But; when my wife and I went to see them live; they blew the doors off the building.

One of those bands that are better live than on CD.

Prefer the direct to disk version but this is still a contender. Direct to disc did not have Buddy Rich.

A sample from Harry James. King James Version direct to disk

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…