Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

JST connector?

Status
Not open for further replies.

underwaterchippie

Hello,
Can someone help me with this connector? 24-pin (2 rows of 12) female. When I search for JST type connectors, nothing identical!

Much appreciated,

Attachments

• screen_connector3.jpg
    screen_connector3.jpg
    458.2 KB · Views: 166
Can you measure the pitch? The center-center distance between pins? Or the center-center distance across 12 pins may be easier to measure.

Interesting! You are right! there is an "MXJ" mark in the cable entry! but nothing similar on the Farnell website when filtering for Molex 24 way...

Attachments

• molex3.jpg
    molex3.jpg
    424.3 KB · Views: 164
  • molex2.jpg
    molex2.jpg
    459 KB · Views: 160
  • molex1.jpg
    molex1.jpg
    437.8 KB · Views: 171
Not a problem, a really appreciate your time. Since you guys were so helpful, I decided to follow up here with another question! ;)

I am currently replacing the LCD screen on this device. I managed to find the exactly same screen on the net - very standard lcd apparently - model: G104SN03 V.5 (10.4 inch LCD screen)

The crimping on the wires are really bad so I want to make a new cable. I drawn a wiring diagram that links the pins on all the 4 connectors but not entirely sure on what that small "touch panel board" does and if it is a custom made or a generic part!?

Much Appreciated again!

Attachments

• LCD Specifications_G104SN03_V5.pdf
    1.9 MB · Views: 209
  • wiring3.jpg
    wiring3.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 169
  • wiring2.jpg
    wiring2.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 166
  • wiring1.jpg
    wiring1.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 157
  • wiring diagram.png
    wiring diagram.png
    46 KB · Views: 164
The touch panel board is just an adapter from the flat ribbon cable to individual wires.

Make sure your replacement screen has the correct touch panel option - many models can either be without touch, with a resistive type or a capacitive type.

There are numerous types of generic FPC of FFC cable adapters available; you just need to match the conductor pitch in the cable and the number of ways; one example listing on ebay:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back