JST connector?

Status
Not open for further replies.

underwaterchippie

Hello,
Can someone help me with this connector? 24-pin (2 rows of 12) female. When I search for JST type connectors, nothing identical!

Much appreciated,

Attachments

• screen_connector3.jpg
    458.2 KB · Views: 177
Interesting! You are right! there is an "MXJ" mark in the cable entry! but nothing similar on the Farnell website when filtering for Molex 24 way...

Attachments

• molex3.jpg
    424.3 KB · Views: 174
  • molex2.jpg
    459 KB · Views: 172
  • molex1.jpg
    437.8 KB · Views: 184
Not a problem, a really appreciate your time. Since you guys were so helpful, I decided to follow up here with another question!

I am currently replacing the LCD screen on this device. I managed to find the exactly same screen on the net - very standard lcd apparently - model: G104SN03 V.5 (10.4 inch LCD screen)

The crimping on the wires are really bad so I want to make a new cable. I drawn a wiring diagram that links the pins on all the 4 connectors but not entirely sure on what that small "touch panel board" does and if it is a custom made or a generic part!?

Much Appreciated again!

Attachments

• LCD Specifications_G104SN03_V5.pdf
    1.9 MB · Views: 226
  • wiring3.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 180
  • wiring2.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 179
  • wiring1.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 170
  • wiring diagram.png
    46 KB · Views: 173
The touch panel board is just an adapter from the flat ribbon cable to individual wires.

Make sure your replacement screen has the correct touch panel option - many models can either be without touch, with a resistive type or a capacitive type.

There are numerous types of generic FPC of FFC cable adapters available; you just need to match the conductor pitch in the cable and the number of ways; one example listing on ebay:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…