Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

JoyStick Wiring Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
twinforced said:
Is this the type ?

**broken link removed**

And from what I see the joystick I have now is a Hall Effect.

yes, that seems to correlate with the description the controller gives on their website.

you mention a more detailed datasheet can be downloaded from somewhere, can you provide the link for us? google's not turning up anything except their sales page and this thread.

Its on a PDF file and I dont know how to post that from my PC. I can e-mail it to you.

Look at the site for ampflow and its down close to the end, its the "DownLoad Latest Softwear" It has the manual in it.

I've sent you an email.

Here is the way I would do it.

The LM319 is a dual voltage comparitor but I'm using it as an op amp inorder to restrict the output to 0 ~ 5 Volt.

Do you have the electronic construction and testing skills necessary?

If not, I can guide you through it.

Attachments

• Interface amp.gif
    Interface amp.gif
    44.6 KB · Views: 206
I'm helping twinforced by email, but I find that the attached JoyStick data sheet is ambiguous in some areas.

Under the heading Order Code / Voltage Swing 1, 2 & 3 it states:-

Input Voltage Vs 10V, 12V, 12V

Output voltage swing +/-10% Vs, +/-8.3% Vs or +/-10% Vs

But on the next page, under Specifications / Electrical it states:-

Supply Voltage Vs Range 0-8V, 0-10V, or 0-12V Maximum 14Vdc
Output Voltage Swing +/-10% Vs, +/-8.3% Vs with respect to the centre tap
Error Signal >+/-25% Vs
Centre Tap Voltage 50% Vs +/-1%

I've coloured the conflicts.

Red - Obviously Vs is the supply voltage, not the Input Voltage.

Green - One states 10, 12, 12 & the other 8, 10, 12. ??

And what do they mean by eg. 0-8V? Obviously, this can't be a range as the unit can't operate with a supply voltage of 0V, so they must mean that the red wire is connected to +8V and the black to 0V.

Blue - Why 3 in one case and 2 in the other?

What do they mean by "Error Signal"?

I'm happy with the Centre Tap Voltage.

For example, if you use Vs = 10 Volt, then 10% of Vs is 1 Volt. The centre tap voltage is nominally 5 Volt, so the output of the JS will change from 5 Volt to 6 Volt (continuously) when the JS is moved one way (say +X) and from 5 Volt to 4 Volt when it is moved the other way (ie. -X).

The Y axis is the same, ie. 4 Volt +Y, 6 Volt, -Y.

Any advice will be appreciated.

Attachments

• joystick.pdf
    152.8 KB · Views: 281
Last edited:
Maybe this can help somebody, joystick schematic on page 4 of
attached document. Wiring colors look similar to JC200.

Attachments

• Joystick-sch.PDF
    582.9 KB · Views: 83
Maybe this can help somebody, joystick schematic on page 4 of
attached document. Wiring colors look similar to JC200.

I was going to stop watching this thread next week if somebody didn't post something new. My limit is 11-years, 3.5-months so thanks for keeping it alive.

I was going to stop watching this thread next week if somebody didn't post something new. My limit is 11-years, 3.5-months so thanks for keeping it alive.
I'd like add the following info to my previous posted message:
1. Message was posted to help somebody and I know about the topic age.
2. Topic has ~5400 views, 11years*365days=4015days, 5400/4015= 1.34 view
per day, I guess this thread is still interesting to someone.
3. You could write me a personal message to say thank you unless
you want show everybody you great sense of humor or
mathematical skills.

Last edited:
3. You could write me a personal message to say thank you unless
you want show everybody you great sense of humor or
mathematical skills.

Why do you need a personal message? Didn't you understand my great sense of humor and mathematical skills?

SN74141, your posting of a datasheet to this old thread seems reasonable to me.
As you say, the numbers show that someone must be interested in the topic.

Last year I used a joystick on a project, from what I remember, electrically it was very similar to the ones discussed here in this thread. Luckily I had all the info I needed from its datasheet.

As for gopher and his great sense of humour, don't get all out of shape about it.
He has openly admitted in other postings that he likes to "stir the pot" and create controversy.
https://www.electro-tech-online.com...rth-facts-and-english-language.153479/page-10

JimB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back