Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Jon's Imaginarium – A Survey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Survey done, keep em coming as far as I am concerned.
Thanks.

I find them interesting and helpful. I don't feel the need to comment one way or the other on most posts I read. Many times I consider the source and then form my opinion. There is a wealth of experience on this forum and I occasionally get to make use of it. Also a wealth of criticism and seems like condescension towards beginners.

Also a wealth of criticism and seems like condescension towards beginners.

Sadly, this is all too true.

I have (had?) planned to include some more basic concepts in my posts too. Neither a very negative reply ("It can't possibly work like that." without any clear, non-condesending explanation of a better way to to do things, or taking over a project and saying it's the only way a thing can be done (again with no clear explanation) is helpful to beginners or more experienced users.

most of my practical knowledge of the engineering side of electronics is drawn from data books, app notes and the like, so i think putting a lot of this stuff in one place is very useful.... a lot of vintage data books, etc.. can be found on archive.org, but sometimes the searches for a specific manual or app note can take a while, even if you remember the title word-for-word.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back