Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Jon's Imaginarium – A Comment

Status
Not open for further replies.

gophert

Most Helpful Member
These "Jon's Imaginarium" threads are mostly useless and pushing out all the other content. Maybe Jon can get his own folder. It's not exactly General electronics chat. Because there is not much chat with all of these posts. Mostly like a car accident, we have to look but usually not worth chatting about.

I find them interesting. It would be nice to have them all in one (official) place.

I agree, I find them well-written and informative, but definitely seems out of place when scattered across a number of threads over the General Electronics Chat. The first time Jon posted one, I wanted to suggest the blog feature. Unfortunately it appears the blog feature was removed...? Perhaps use the articles feature instead.

I don't care if they are useful or waste of effort, I just think they shouldn't clog up the first page of the General Chat and should be filed somewhere else. We are just a few days into Jon's experiment and it's already a mess. Next, someone else wants to have their own channel of useful bits and bytes then a few more members and so on and so on because Jon might be starting a trend. I say, nip it in the bud on General Chat and find a new place for it.

Yes. We absolutely must leave room for blurry pictures of holes blown into circuit boards with the question "help me identify this part so I can fix it with my Weller soldering gun" or blurry pictures of connectors with nothing for size reference with the question "What is this connector on my Bologna 1969 boom box?"

Don't forget the 27th thread on "LED flashers using Dollar Store batteries don't work as good as the ones I made 47 years ago." or the six page threads of "My program doesn't work like it hopefully should."

But gophert please take the survey, along with everybody else. I thought some actual content might be useful to this forum. Let's see what other people think.

I'd rather not take a survey. Surveys written but the person trying to prove a point usually prove the desired point.

Please... Lets keep it civil.... You do not need to take the survey, lets leave it there

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd rather not take a survey. Surveys written but the person trying to prove a point usually prove the desired point.

I think you'll find my survey is rather neutral.

Mud slinging only fuels the flames.. Please be civil.

Last edited by a moderator:
I do a lot of my reading ofline so I am here most days but there are consistently members overposting & clogging up the works, the worst offender by far is the mental case that calls himself treez/opempsmoker/zenerbjt and several other names to numerous to mention, PLEASE could you allocate that bugger his own rubbish dump!!

Ahh just remembered this sites ignore feature so at least I can get rid of them when I am logged in.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back