Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

JDM and Laptop, Maybe solution

Status
Not open for further replies.

leosedf

Hi
I have built one JDM programmer and tested it to a friends laptop (toshiba) with a com port. It didn't work.
I own an old Compaq Presario 1200 whithout com ports and i have bought a USB to serial adapter. The adapter produces enough voltage for the JDM programmer to work. If it doesn't work for you, just use a USB to serial converter :)
Thank's

which port do u use while programming.i mean dowsnt it matter using a converter and writing it to usb.im also compaq 1200 presario user.

USb to serial converters come with a virtual com port driver wich fools your software into thinking there is a real COM port

Exo is Right.
Mine shows COM1 and works with every equipment i have.
Also the driver name is PROLIFIC i thin'k that's the brand name of the converter.
You can also look at this https://www.ftdichip.com

And a serial booster (i don't use it but i think it is perfect for laptop users, just steal some power from usb port)

Attachments

• serial_booster.gif
    serial_booster.gif
    9.7 KB · Views: 543
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back