Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

It's not too late to give Tesla the recognition he deserves!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The organization has raised $1,296,369, and there are 6 days left in the fundraiser! With the offer from NY state, that puts them at over $2 million! Plus, if you read the update from TheOatmeal, you'll see that a new offer has been made. Between now and the end of the fundraiser, if someone donates $33,333 (a multiple of 3), they will match it as well. So, I'm sure this forum is made up of a bunch of millionaires :)p) so $33,333 is pocket change! So who wants to donate? :D

Somewhere today I did read on the net where Tesla fans want to replicate his dream of wireless power, honestly with the amount of capitalists today if that so said dream could be a reality it would be a mouse V Lion for the challenge........

Now as I live close to high voltage power lines anything I try and do will be deemed as stealing.......

Eh I live off the grid any ANY power source will be good but as far as resonating the earth to get this power scheme going just aint gunna happen so I guess with all the money raised hopefully they can build a museum and really show what Tesla did did in those early years and show how his advances and patents really apply to todays standards.

Cheers Bryan

Somewhere today I did read on the net where Tesla fans want to replicate his dream of wireless power, honestly with the amount of capitalists today if that so said dream could be a reality it would be a mouse V Lion for the challenge........

Now as I live close to high voltage power lines anything I try and do will be deemed as stealing.......

Eh I live off the grid any ANY power source will be good but as far as resonating the earth to get this power scheme going just aint gunna happen so I guess with all the money raised hopefully they can build a museum and really show what Tesla did did in those early years and show how his advances and patents really apply to todays standards.

Cheers Bryan

That is absolutely correct. If Tesla's work was completed successfully today, you could say goodbye to the economy. I believe that he may have been able to do it, but it's a good thing he lost his funding. It would have put this country in deep s***.

The fundraiser finally broke $1.3 million! $1,326,145, to be exact! Still three days to donate ;)

The fundraiser finally broke $1.3 million! $1,326,145, to be exact! Still three days to donate ;)

Now you see Buddy :D. That recognition that Tesla deserves is finally going to happen...at last :D

Good stuff. I canno't wait to visit the place once completed. I have lot's to learn still.

Best regards,
tvtech

Last edited:
.........................If anyone here doesn't know much about Tesla, I would highly recommend reading the book, Tesla: Man Out Of Time, by Margaret Cheney. She's an historian who has made it her mission to study the life and works of Nikola Tesla, and to present it in an unbiased manner (both the good and the bad). Scead, I especially recommend this to you so you can actually learn the real facts of what you're arguing about. Tvtech, I think you'll find it very informative and interesting :)

thanks so much for that book link. so far in the little free time I have am up to pg85 of the 330+ pages
a really great read so far and I also have learnt a lot about his life

Dave

$1,370,511. Final tally. The campaign is now closed.

Brilliant stuff :D. What say you Derstrom?:)

Regards,
tvtech

thanks so much for that book link. so far in the little free time I have am up to pg85 of the 330+ pages
a really great read so far and I also have learnt a lot about his life

Dave

I'm glad you like it! Thank tvtech for the link though :D

Another interesting read is "My Inventions"--Tesla's actual autobiography. It's really very interesting. I'll have to look for a link for that one, too....

$1,370,511. Final tally. The campaign is now closed.

Brilliant stuff :D. What say you Derstrom?:)

Regards,
tvtech

The fundraiser was very successful, and I'd like to thank everyone who contributed! You helped make this museum a reality!

Many thanks,
Matt

By the way, the Maker Faire is still going on this weekend in NYC. Jane Alcorn and Slava Rubin--the two main people who organized the campaign--are speaking at the auditorium about the process of raising the $1.37 million. You can watch the presentation here at 1:00 PM EST.

Hey Matt

Looking good and congrats on helping the Fundraising effort.....job WELL DONE :D

Regards,
tvtech

Hey Matt

Looking good and congrats on helping the Fundraising effort.....job WELL DONE :D

Regards,
tvtech

Many thanks, tvtech, and thanks to all who donated and supported the effort! I simply worked to get the word around and donated, myself. I am unfortunately unaffiliated with the people who did the work to get it going. It was really all you guys who helped the fundraiser become so popular, and for that, I applaud you!

Some day I may find myself working at the Tesla Museum and Science Center, but for the time being that's just a dream of mine. But who knows? ;)

Kind regards,
Matt

Here is a picture I took of the statue of Nikola Tesla in 2005 in front of the Faculty of Architecture, Civil and Electrical Enginnering, University of Belgrade.

@DerStrom8

Since you are a Tesla fanatic and I am an RC model airplane addict, did you know that those two interests intersect at Tesla?

Straight from Wikipedia on RC (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radio-controlled_model ):

I flew my first RC airplane barely 54 years after that.

John

Ah yes, Tesla is the father of modern remote control :) Have you seen his actual designs for the remote-controlled boat?

https://www.google.com/patents?vid=613809

It's amazing how much of our everyday lives is based off of Tesla's work! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back