Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

It's not too late to give Tesla the recognition he deserves!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks, Derstrom.

I'm looking forward to visiting the Tesla Science Center when it's opened.

I'm a complete sucker for science displays of the efforts of those who preceded us in the world of electric discovery.

To this day I still enjoy watching a RCA 6146A loaded to the point of ionization (fabulous blue) and a plate glowing an incandescent red. Sometimes I abuse my DX-60 for this effect. I feel like I can actually see the electrons :rolleyes:.

Sure can't do that with solid state stuff...

Thanks, Derstrom.

I'm looking forward to visiting the Tesla Science Center when it's opened.

I'm a complete sucker for science displays of the efforts of those who preceded us in the world of electric discovery.

To this day I still enjoy watching a RCA 6146A loaded to the point of ionization (fabulous blue) and a plate glowing an incandescent red. Sometimes I abuse my DX-60 for this effect. I feel like I can actually see the electrons :rolleyes:.

Sure can't do that with solid state stuff...

Ditto. Let's keep this thread up and running and clean and all.

Hopefully Derstrom will keep us updated here so we can all read the final outcome of the fundraising effort :D

Best regards,
tvtech

Ditto. Let's keep this thread up and running and clean and all.

Hopefully Derstrom will keep us updated here so we can all read the final outcome of the fundraising effort :D

Best regards,
tvtech

I will certainly do that guys! I too look forward to visiting the science center once it's completed. I think it'll be a great educational experience for everyone!

I'll be away for a while, though. I'm moving back to boston first thing in the morning, so I won't be online this afternoon or evening, or at all tomorrow morning. If you have a facebook account, you can follow their page and receive all current updates :)

Regards,
Matt

Well here I am, back in Boston, MA. I think I'm finally settled in, though it'll take me a while to get used to all the noises again. Where I live in Vermont is extremely quiet during the day, so Boston's really a huge change of pace :p

Just thought I'd let you guys know that they're at $1,203,962! Don't forget to tell your friends about it. You/they can donate to this awesome cause by going here. Also, if you donate now, you're not helping to pay for the property. You're actually helping to BUILD the museum!

Thanks for your support guys! I'ts great to finally see this idea as a reality!

-Matt

Great news Matt

Hoping the donations keep rolling in :D And a while to go till cut off. Awesome :D

Regards,
tvtech

Last edited:
Great news Matt

Hoping the donations keep rolling in :D And a while to go till cut off. Awesome :D

Regards,
tvtech

Exactly--still plenty of time! And I don't believe NY State has pitched in its $850k yet, so they're doing very well. I'm looking forward to seeing how much they can raise by the end of September ;)

Hi Matt

An update would be good :D

Regards,
tvtech

Hey tvtech!

Current amount raised is $1,230,796, and there are 18 days left in the fundraiser. In case you didn't know, by donating to the cause you can receive perks. $25 gets you a portrait of Tesla on glossy paper, $33 (a multiple of 3, a number with which Tesla was obsessed) will get you a Tesla>Edison bumper sticker, $50 gets you a Wardenclyffe T-shirt, and there are many more. You can look at the donation levels and perks by going to this page: https://www.indiegogo.com/teslamuseum?contribution_success=true&pledge_id=1090445&a=1243099

You guys' help would be very much appreciated. I'm looking forward to seeing this thing built!

Cheers
Matt

Hey Matt

Update time :D

I want to keep this thread on top of the pile here in the Members Lounge.

Regards,
tvtech

Last edited:
Hey Matt

Update time :D

I want to keep this thread on top of the pile here in the Members Lounge.

Regards,
tvtech

Hahaha, thanks tvtech :D

With 16 days left in the fundraiser, the current amount raised is $1,241,217. It seems to be winding down right now, so hopefully it'll shoot up again before the fundraiser ends. You all can help, too ;)

It is so important to preserve history..and honor good people. That have both walked the walk and talked the talk. Tesla did it all. He was not all about theory...he actually put his life on the line and demonstrated all he believed in with live audiences. What a role model for us all.

Apparently a lot of other folks out there think so too.

Regards,
tvtech

Last edited:
It is so important to preserve history..and honor good people. That have both walked the walk and talked the talk. Tesla did it all. He was not all about theory...he actually put his life on the line and demonstrated all he believed in with live audiences. What a role model for us all.

Apparently a lot of other folks out there think so too.

Regards,
tvtech

I agree with you 100%. Unfortunately there are some people out there who don't care at all. Either they don't care at all about history, or they don't think Tesla is worth recognizing today. It's people like those who would tear down historical landmarks to build shopping centers. Heartless beasts if you ask me :p

Thanks for the interest guys. The fundraiser has earned over $1.2 million in a month. When there's a completed Nikola Tesla Museum and Science Center in Long Island, New York, and you take your children, grandchildren, or great grandchildren there, you can honestly tell them "I helped build this place". Thanks for the help guys :D

Matt

Brilliant. Thank God someone had the foresight to start this thread :D

Tesla is a person I have learned about..and will never forget. Man, what a genius.

Regards,
tvtech

Last edited:
What better way to promote such a great cause than a picture of an adorable kitten? :D

View attachment 67202

Last edited:
$1,250,147 million, and 13 days left!

$1,273,042, 8 days left! Looking good, and I can't wait to hear about their offer. I'm really looking forward to this museum becoming a reality!

If you haven't donated yet, now would be a great time! Even $3 can make a difference (and the number 3 was Tesla's favorite number ;))

Cheers everyone!

Update from TheOatmeal: https://theoatmeal.com/blog/tesla_museum_update

The organization has raised $1,296,369, and there are 6 days left in the fundraiser! With the offer from NY state, that puts them at over $2 million! Plus, if you read the update from TheOatmeal, you'll see that a new offer has been made. Between now and the end of the fundraiser, if someone donates $33,333 (a multiple of 3), they will match it as well. So, I'm sure this forum is made up of a bunch of millionaires :)p) so $33,333 is pocket change! So who wants to donate? :D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back