Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Its currently -6F outside. Where are all the global warming freaks?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, it is Sat. 6:30AM and 38F here. So it is not too bad. But the weekend it shot for outside fun.

AudioGuru is probably laughing his but off at 40F.

I did a lot of work in Canada (Mitel), and it is a different cold. It was 17 once when I few in to Kanada and had on only a jacket and it was not bad. Here, the wind and more so, the humid air. It just rattles your bones.

Guess I will be on the computer most of the day..

According to my weather station, the overnight low here was 15.88 degrees @ 12:04AM. It's now 29.02 F @ 8:37 with a falling barometer. Could be some light precip. Spring is just over a month away!

It is -10 degrees C (14 degrees F) in my part of Canada this morning.
I was in Winnipeg, Canada once when it was -40 on both scales.
I have never been cooked at +40 degrees C (104 degrees F).

We managed 34F way down here in South Florida.

Weekend is not shot. Gonna drag a heater in the garage and play, just no chemicals I guess :)

10C :eek:

We are in the high 40's still down here, two heaters on and the fireplace. Not normal, but if we get lite hurricanes, I can deal with it.

Don't the citrus trees get killed off by the frost?

There was frost west of here (5 miles).. I know they have tricks to save them in this temperature range, one is they water them and somehow it saves them. Not sure how.

Some veggie famers cover their products too.

But that is the temperate that kills them. OJ prices will be going up again.

"Global Warming" is freezing orange groves in California and in Florida.
It is good that there are warmer countries that grow oranges.

mramos1 said:
I know they have tricks to save them in this temperature range, one is they water them and somehow it saves them. Not sure how.
I assume thet spray them with cold water just before the sun rises in the morning. I've heard it can help save tomatoes and summer bedding plants from rare late frosts. I don't know how it works, I think it thaws them out slowly rather than the sun warming them up too quickly.

audioguru said:
"Global Warming" is freezing orange groves in California and in Florida.
It is good that there are warmer countries that grow oranges.

Not an orange juice drinker here, so I am good either way. But the guys that grow them are probably not happy. :)

Funny, warming is freezing us. And Califonia and Florida no less.. It is a little odd.

Al Gore's movie was on the internet free, I pulled it. But doubt I will have time to watch it. Even though it is cold. I did paint some of the house, and played in the garage...

*sigh* its good staying in balmy South Africa :)
Temperature at the moment is 29 deg celcius in Johannesburg, and in winter the coldest day temperature is about 9 deg celcius. We don't seem to be experiencing any evidence of global warming inland, although sometimes I do go down to the coastline and surf and have noticed changes like a higher tide pushing in, and slightly warmer water temperature....am i just being paranoid maybe??? hmmm....

is it hot in here?

ok nevermind, ignore my last post.....this is unusually hot weather we having at the mo..... **broken link removed**

It's now spring where I live, it's all come too early, it's just our luck that winter will return next month and kill off all the new growth.

Yesterday felt like spring here (Vancouver) but right now, it is snowing. grrrr! It wasn't supposed to snow here, but this year, we had lots.

75F and sunny here.. But it is normally a lot hotter. We actually used the fire place many time in Jan and Feb. Hope the cold give us a calm hurricane season, after Wilma, not ready for anything like that again. We still have 10+ tree that have to be cut down..

We just got hit by a major ice/snow/rain storm. According to the weather forecast, it isn't over yet either. Yesterday we kept getting power surges, and power outages. Today we are supposed to get a few more inches of snow. :(

Luckily our satellite dish for the Internet thawed enough for me to get on the net for a while (and the power has been stable for about an hour or two now)...

Just about every town around us lost power (we didn't, however. Just a few flickers here and there.)

Our woods got massacred by the storm. About 5 of our trees lost VERY large limbs, and there are sticks and what-not laying around the yard. Our TV antenna also got pulverized (ripped about 6 of the branches off of it), and our flag pole got snapped off the base (it is now buried under about a foot and a half of icy snow.)

Sure....

Yep, just as i feared. It is snowing pretty good now. I went outside and chipped off about an inch of ice off the the front of our house, and about two inches thick ice on our sidewalk. My mom took pictures (on a film camera), so once it gets developed, i will try to scan a few of them and post them here.

BeeBop said:
Damn Area 51!

Funnily enough I looked at area 51 on Google.Maps just the other day (must have been bored), and it's seriously in the middle of nowhere!.

But continuing the usual consprisousy theories, if you look North of area 51 you find an area that has green circles blocking the picture out!. Perhaps this is where they store the captured flying saucers?.

Nigel Goodwin said:
But continuing the usual consprisousy theories, if you look North of area 51 you find an area that has green circles blocking the picture out!. Perhaps this is where they store the captured flying saucers?.
Circle and saucers? :eek: Or maybe it's just crop circles? I better go look. Now if I do not see them, it is just your video drivers.

In a little dark room at google, there is a guy messing with that image right now and laughing :D

Last edited:
Those green circles, Nigel, are areas that have been irrigated. They spray in a circular pattern. I first saw these on a flight into St. Lake City, and had immediate thoughts of "crop circles" also.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back