Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ISD voice recorders

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shohadawy

I'm going to use one of the ISD single chip recorders to record and playback some messages. I intend to use a PLC to order the device to playback.

The problem is that:

1- I have more than a speaker in different places.Can I connect them all to one chip PCB?

2- If I want to playback more different messages can I use a single device? I'm going to use the ISD 1400 chip

I'm going to use one of the ISD single chip recorders to record and playback some messages. I intend to use a PLC to order the device to playback.

The problem is that:

1- I have more than a speaker in different places.Can I connect them all to one chip PCB?

2- If I want to playback more different messages can I use a single device? I'm going to use the ISD 1400 chip

hi,
The ISD1400 datasheet states, fully addressable multiple messages.

Its designed to drive a 16 ohm speaker.
I would suggest an intermediate audio amp for multiple speakers.

Agreed, you need a separate amplifier, you might be able to get away with four 64Ω speakers but it wouldn't be very loud.

What sort of speakers are these?

Power rating? Impedance?

How many of them do you have?

If you don't want to bother building more than one amplifier you could use an amplifier designed for a 4Ω load and use 64Ω speakers. This will enable you to drive up to 16 connected in parallel. This idea is only good for small speakers, if you want a PA then you'll need a 100V system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back