Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ISA to PCI

Status
Not open for further replies.

canadaelk

I have a piece of equipment that runs of an ISA card. I would like to find/build an adapter to convert ISA to PCI, web searches have failed me! Anyone have an idea or suggestion to lead me?

Thanks, E

Thanks guys!
I found an ISA to USB at arstech.com. I hope that will do the trick. If it works it will be a much better solution!
Cheers, E

My company also faces the problem of supporting legacy ISA cards. They are part of our PC based automated test equipment on the production line and to replace these ISA cards would require an expensive system redesign. We found this local company with sells computers with both ISA and PCI slots: **broken link removed** .

It is a back-plane with ISA and PCI slots driven by a single board computer card. You can use PCI and ISA cards simultaneously.

This has worked well for us. We can replace outdated, sometimes unreliable, computers running old versions of Windows with modern machines/OS and use the existing interface cards. We have occasionally had to modify our application because the new machines are so much faster than the old ones and the old application wasn't written robustly enough (or correctly).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back