Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

is this a multism problem or a circuit problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

adown

I couldn't figure out the schmitt trigger circuit so I am usin a 556 timer. I have simulated the circuit in multism and it sequences at the speed I want but when I open the switch the circuit stops at that point an the led's that were lit stay lit. Is this just the simulator or do I need to do something different to have them shut off when I open the circuit. Thanks

Attachments

• scan0001.jpg
    scan0001.jpg
    510.1 KB · Views: 215
I couldn't figure out the schmitt trigger circuit so I am usin a 556 timer. I have simulated the circuit in multism and it sequences at the speed I want but when I open the switch the circuit stops at that point an the led's that were lit stay lit. Is this just the simulator or do I need to do something different to have them shut off when I open the circuit. Thanks

hi,
In what sequence are you closing/opening the switches.?

If you switch power off the to 556, the 4015 inputs may give problems neither high or low.??

This wouldnt show up in a sim.:)

EDIT:
I would try say 2.2K resistors on all the connections from the 556's to the 4015, between the pins and 0V, maybe enough to give a logical zero.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back