Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Is reducing a 36VAC simple?

Status
Not open for further replies.

goofeedad

I have been trying to change alot of VAC's around and thanks to everyone for the help so far.

I was just delivered what I think is my last component. It's a simple solenoid valve that requires 24VAC to operate a N/C valve. I have been able to deliver the 36VAC that I've been trying to get (the manufacturer told be of a site for a simple 36VAC transformer).

Now, I need 24VAC. My first taught is to buy a cheap 24VAC transformer for this too. I don't think that something as simple as a solenoid needs anything special.

Any thoughts on this would be appreciated.

Depending on the solenoid current if you don't mind the power loss you can simply use a power resistor to drop the voltage. Should be far cheaper than a transformer depending on the current.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back