Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ir2110

Status
Not open for further replies.

aamir1

given below is the image

ir2110.png

yes.....actually i made this simulation on proteus by taking the circuit from internet the problem is i want to use a motor in bidirection for a wheel chair the motor is of 150 watt and 12V first i made some circuits using darlington pairs and B.J.T but that were not better as many people from this forum rejected them so i wanted to switch to mosfet and i used this I.C but the problem is the upper mosfet never gets on when i give high signal on HIN when i increase the supply on upper mosfet collector the motor starts and Q1 conducts but i cannot increase voltage in reality because my motor is of 12V so i cannot give higher voltage on Q1 collector whats the solution please guide me

I'm pretty sure you didn't find that circuit on the data sheet or any of International rectifiers app notes.

For one thing you have the Lin pin tied to ground or always turned off, so why even put the low side mosfet in the circuit?

Another thing is how are you going to charge the bootstrap capacitor? It never gets connected to ground in the circuit.

And a H-bridge is needed to go both directions.

The key thing is that you need to use PWM modulation with less than 100% duty cycle otherwise the top transistor will not be able to turn on.

i didnt get it from I.R i download from a forum.....my bad :s......well can a half bridge be used for both directions or an H-bridge must be made? and i have just turned off the down transistor because i wanted to turn on the top transistor and check it whether it works properly but it never gets on :s

1) As stated above, if you are using a bridge and want both directions, you need a full bridge.
2) Have you asked yourself why you want a bridge (half of full) versus just low-side mosfets or solid-state relays and switches? That is, are you eventually going to use PWM for speed control?

John

You know "bang bang" kids cheap RC cars? Full power or no power without speed control.
Can you picture a wheelchair going with a bang bang throttle? Maybe the steering is the same.

Forward and reverse with PWM/speed control, can also be done using a DPDT relay or switch and one low side mosfet with PWM.

will this circuit work because there will be a lot of weight on the motor ?? and is there a formula of finding the power of motor by the weight ?i am using a 150watt power motor the weight on the motor is about 120 Kgs is the motor ok ?

will this circuit work because there will be a lot of weight on the motor ?? and is there a formula of finding the power of motor by the weight ?i am using a 150watt power motor the weight on the motor is about 120 Kgs is the motor ok ?

I think you need to reconsider your design. When you mentioned that motor earlier, I thought maybe it was for a model, not a full sized wheelchair. Will you be using two motors or just one?

Here is an inexpensive motor of 180W EACH: https://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/607481551/24v_180w_12_electric_wheelchair_motor.html

John

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back