Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

IR sensors too noisy for line tracking

Status
Not open for further replies.

shehry

Hi,

i am designing a line tracking robot system. i was trying to detect the
difference b/w black and white using an IR sensor. Now the problem is
that the sensors are fairly noisy. and the voltage difference is very
minute...about .1V. Now, i dont want to use an amplifier since that
would amplify the noise too. so i want a way to reduce this noise and
so be able to detect the voltage by then using an amplifier

can anyone help me in this regard.

thanks

Ever wondered why ur TV remote always makes the TV do what u want through IR, regardless of noise (under normal conditions...)??? Try searching for IR modulation.

How far are they from the surface the line is on?
Most of the time this needs to be small as in less
a few mm.

What type of circuit are you using?

modulate the ir wave.....
it works retty fine and gives u a clear diference of about 2v....
use suitable resistors in the ckt. to get gud fall in voltage on reception of ir.
u can also use top17xx, works gr8 for ir's......

if u havn't still made the ckt can i make a suggestion ?

use the ir transmitter in series with a 220 ohm (or any value) resister and the transmitter in reverse biased with a 33K or greater value resister now , when the signal falls on the receiver the swing should be from 0.3v to 4.8 v if the supply is 5 v . take the o/p from the anode of the reciever.

My sincere advice if u r makin ckt and is very urgent never go for TSOP as the whole thing sucks !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back