Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

IR Obstical detector problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kingpin094

First off, I am building an IR sensor for a robot that is like the 12C508 one that the DARG
(**broken link removed**). I am using a 16F628 to control basically 2 of those circuits.
i.e. I have four leds and 2 ir recievers. The recievers are locked at 56kHz. The code that I have works
greate at producing the ir pulses (600us bursts).

Problem: Anytime I trigger the ir leds the sensors trigger as if they recieve the 56kHz signal.
They trigger even if a take the leds out of the circuit. I have .1uF caps at Vcc and gnd to all chips
and recievers. I am using transistors to boost the power delivered to the leds. Could that be were
my problem is? I know that the triggering is caused by the 56kHz signal leaking from some where.
Does anyone have any ideas on how I can stop the false triggereing.

Thanks ahead of time.
kingpin094

Kingpin094 said:
Problem: Anytime I trigger the ir leds the sensors trigger as if they recieve the 56kHz signal.
They trigger even if a take the leds out of the circuit. I have .1uF caps at Vcc and gnd to all chips
and recievers. I am using transistors to boost the power delivered to the leds. Could that be were
my problem is? I know that the triggering is caused by the 56kHz signal leaking from some where.
Does anyone have any ideas on how I can stop the false triggereing.

Do you have the IR receivers fed through resistors, with decoupling capacitors after them (see my tutorial hardware pages for a diagram). It's pretty essential to do this, every commercial application I've seen does so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back