Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Iphone 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dawasash

Hi All

Can anyone help with a Iphone problem? I replaced the internal battery on a Iphone 4 s and it has been working fine, The person i did this for has now dropped the phone and it will not switch back on it just flashes the apple sign every ten seconds, As its been dropped I think its unrelated to the battery but has anyone got any advice before I open it up tonight to take a look please ?

Thanks
Ash

I agree that it is unrelated to the battery, as it was working when you replaced the battery and dropping has caused the flashing. The fact that the phone is displaying the apple logo indicates that the battery is still supplying power.
You could check for unseated connectors on the logic board, disconnect and reconnect them, since the drop has probably shifted one of them.

I agree that it is unrelated to the battery, as it was working when you replaced the battery and dropping has caused the flashing. The fact that the phone is displaying the apple logo indicates that the battery is still supplying power.
You could check for unseated connectors on the logic board, disconnect and reconnect them, since the drop has probably shifted one of them.

Hi Mickster
Thanks for the reply, Yes I took the back off and had a look last night as far as i can see everything is in place, I even took out the battery and reconnected it again, I have tried system restore and update but they will not go through, On further looking I think the charging dock is damaged

Girl friend?
Not this time Ron
At the university I had a long line of girl friends with broken electronics. (very shallow relationships) They were only after one thing.
Got a wife and thought I now have only one person who needs electronics fixed. But she has a long line of friends.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back