Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

IOT plateforms and android

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yazly

Hello everyone,

I would like to know if there are any open source gateway IOT plateforms for andoid, that would allow handling and transmitting data, network management? device configuration etc...

Thanks

You might be interested in B4R from Anywhere Software. https://www.b4x.com/b4r.html

"B4R is a 100% free development tool for native Arduino and ESP8266 programs.
B4R follows the same concepts of the other B4X tools, providing a simple and powerful development tool.
B4R, B4A, B4J and B4i together make the best development solution for the Internet of Things (IoT). "

Full disclosure: I am not affiliated with the company but I do use their B4A (paid) and B4J (free). They do have a great user forum for samples and help.

I also like the B4A software. Basically Visual Basic for android. The free version means you can get an app up and functioning very quickly.

Mike.

Very interesting Basic software. Especially since my VB6 disk is hiding somewhere.

i like android studio , fun & free, & breakpoints!
it works in c# (lol, if im not mistaken)

im not comfortable with the phrase IOT cos im not really sure what that includes fully .... but android studio does have include files i use for TCP comms .. such as ...

import java.net.InetAddress;
import java.net.NetworkInterface;

im not comfortable with the phrase IOT cos im not really sure what that includes fully ....
that seems to cover any embedded system with a network interface, whether it's in a TV or a door lock...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back