Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ionizer

Status
Not open for further replies.

induction1

i'd like to make an ionizer so i don't have to spend $400 for one at sharper image. still, i'd like mine to be modeled on their version since it's apparently so good. (is it?) i'm thinking 10k epoxy transformer. i also heard stainless steel is best for attracting airborne objects. ideas?

Electronic Goldmine had the ionizer elements (HV transformer and diode) for $10 a while ago, they may still have some. If not try All Electronics. I bought some, they work Ok.

$400 is just stealing from people.

What is your application of Ionizer? If purifying air is what you need then I have a very simple circuit using 30 stages of Cokcroft-Walton ladder which works on 230V-AC. For 120V you'll need to add more number of stages.

for this ladder will i need caps that will exceed the value of the final output voltage? what should the diodes be rated at?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back