Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Invisible Laser Radiation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bowdenjeffery

While salvaging bulk-pickup I found a 5 cd mini-hi fi stereo. Theres a sticker on the back that says "Invisible laser radiation when open and interlocks defeated". Im assuming that its safe to open unplugged...but I would like to know for sure. Is this still dangerous?

hehe, no they haven't made lasers that worked while powered off yet =) hack away.

Last edited:
While salvaging bulk-pickup I found a 5 cd mini-hi fi stereo. Theres a sticker on the back that says "Invisible laser radiation when open and interlocks defeated". Im assuming that its safe to open unplugged...but I would like to know for sure. Is this still dangerous?

Not if it's unplugged

It means it's an infrared laser. You can't see it so you won't blink or turn away if it is pointing into your eye. That means no matter how weak it is, you would end up damaging your eyes if you aren't careful because nothing is stopping you from staring into it forever and ever.

Still needs to be powered though :)

Last edited:
While salvaging bulk-pickup I found a 5 cd mini-hi fi stereo. Theres a sticker on the back that says "Invisible laser radiation when open and interlocks defeated".
"Interlocks defeated" means you have bipassed the safety switch that turns off the power when it's plugged in and you open it up.

Last edited:
We love stupid questions, as long as you learn from the answers =>

There are no stupid questions, just stupid people. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back