Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

inverting cmos logic signal

Status
Not open for further replies.

batman

I posted a while back asking if anyone had an inverter schematic that would make high logic pulses low, and vice versa. I got a response that work when I tested it with just and LED and switching it by tapping the high and low rails, but when I tried implementing it with my logic circuits, it didn't work. The LED I set up to indicate the state was extremely dim with no resistor, and it would not respond to signals I gave it. Is there a particular value of transistor that is appropriate for this task?
thanks

batman said:
I posted a while back asking if anyone had an inverter schematic that would make high logic pulses low, and vice versa. I got a response that work when I tested it with just and LED and switching it by tapping the high and low rails, but when I tried implementing it with my logic circuits, it didn't work. The LED I set up to indicate the state was extremely dim with no resistor, and it would not respond to signals I gave it. Is there a particular value of transistor that is appropriate for this task?
thanks

Perhaps you better post the circuit of what you are trying to do?. I'm somewhat concerned about 'The LED I set up to indicate the state was extremely dim with no resistor' - it sounds very much like you are doing something you shouldn't!.

Post the circuit, and let us see what you are doing.

The logic input need logic level, H or L. When the input floating, the CMOS gate can oscillating, and the LED brightness depend from freq. and ratio.

basically i want to invert the output of a 555 in monostable mode to properly debounce something. the output is high, i need it low.
thanks

batman said:
basically i want to invert the output of a 555 in monostable mode to properly debounce something. the output is high, i need it low.

That's why we need to see the circuit that didn't work, the inverter was quite correct (as you already know, having tested it). So it seems most likely that you were doing something wrong with it - if you show us what you did, we may be able to help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back